When I go out I like to do a really dark smokey eye but just playing on the colours. I had some inspiration from Lisa Eldridge’s video on the smokey she applied to Cheryl Cole and played with the idea.
As this weekend I was wearing a dark blue top, I wanted to incorporate those colours into it. I have had a lot of really great responses on the picture i posted on twitter, including a comment from Julian Kynaston – founder of Illamasqua! So I thought I would do a post on how I achieved the look.
These are the products I used to create the look -
- I started with applying my MAC paint pot in Rubenesque, using my Real Techniques pointed foundation brush, which is fab for applying cream eyeshadows
- Then I used my MAC palette, black eyeshadow to outer part of the eye into the crease at the top, using my MAC brush 275
- Followed by the blue shadow in my palette over the top of the black, which I blended together using my MAC brush 224
- Once these were blended in I used my Illamasqua pure pigment eye shadow in Incite, an amazing pigmented goldish colour, using my MAC brush 224 i applied it to the centre of my eye and patted it out to cover the entire eye lid
- I then used the Illamasqua pure pigment eye shadow in Furore, which is a champagne colour, to the inner part of eye, under my bottom lashes and also blended the shadow under my eyebrow
- I finished with a black line on my top lid using Maybelline’s gel liner (review coming soon)
- Finishing with the amazing Lancome hypnose drama mascara in black, and my MAC black kohl pencil in the inner part of my eye.